Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oh Gymboree! You've really got me!

I love Gymboree's clothing! I think the company makes quality, super-cute textiles for kids! Even though they are normally a bit pricey, you can work the clearance deals, use coupons, "Gymbucks" and such to make them very affordable.
Here's a pic of some of Gymboree's holiday garb. Fortunately, we picked up a super-cute yard sale dress to fill the holiday clothing void. :-)
This is where they get you. If you spend so much money during a certain time period, then you get "Gymbucks" to use later. They also send you reward certificates based on how much you spend and you can usually find a coupon for 20 to 30 percent off in a magazine or in the mail - just for you. It's such a vicious cycle! I feel trapped!
I recently bought fall clothes for Rebecca, accumulating $25 in "Gymbucks." So, today, I get an e-mail telling me I can use the "Gymbucks" early. Oh geez, I have to buy more clothes, I think. Rebecca needs a few more things anyway (this statement is debatable.) If I don't use the "Gymbucks," I lose them. So, I used them - this morning.
I know my savings certificate is on the way and I have a 20 percent off coupon in my stash. It won't be long before Gymboree beckons me once again.
I normally do not have a problem saying "no" to these sort of marketing ploys. I try to find a great deal and buy what I need and then leave it alone. But this is not the case with Gymboree.  They have made me feel like I am always getting a good deal (and I am.) Plus, they've hit a sensitive spot. It's for my kid! I can't say "no" to Gymboree because my kid is growing. She always needs something new to wear, right?!?!
Does anyone else share my addiction? Is there a way to overcome it?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my- it does sound like you are in all sorts of trouble. Just put down the gymbucks and walk away.