Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm not a very good blogger...

but I am busy and that makes me happy.
After Rebecca was born, I kind of went through this funk. I didn't have many friends in Lexington and my parents were over an hour away. I had this kid, who I loved immensely, but she my sole focus. John was a wonderful husband, but he had such long days at work that his time with us was limited. I seriously lacked adult interaction and I was a little melancholy.
When Rebecca was three months old, I joined our neighborhood playgroup and I am so thankful, to this day, that I did. The ladies involved in this group have become great friends and Rebecca loves the play time with her friends!
I prayed. I prayed a lot and God gave me satisfaction and peace and made me move.
Slowly, I got more involved. I signed Rebecca up for gymnastics classes, soccer, swimming, then dance. The gymnastics and dance have endured, while soccer and swimming have been put on the back burner. She'll probably pick up another swimming class in the fall or winter just to keep her accustomed to water, though. I'm glad Rebecca is discovering what she likes, while exercising and gaining self-esteem.
We continued to be highly involved with library activities. We all love to read and learn and we greatly enjoy our library! Miss Mary, the children's librarian at Northside, is wonderful! She has such great story times and events! I worked with Mary at Joseph Beth several year's ago, so I also claim her as a friend.
On a side note, my love for reading was "re-kindled" when John purchased me a Kindle for Mother's Day. I LOVE it! 
I also made a conscious decision to get more involved with our church. I was a little nervous and scared because I didn't really know anyone, but I'm now so glad I made that leap of faith! I have been ministered to in ways I never thought possible through Sunday Suppers, the marriage ministry, the MOMs group and through the children I have taught in Sunday preschool and VBS. I truly enjoy sharing God's love and ministering to others, but I have received so much in return! I have been shown an abundance of love, given the energy I need and have experienced great joy!
I've also been exercising my body. This is my third week of training for a 5K, which I will complete the end of October. (I will actually be finished with my training before then, but I wanted to get a head start!) I must say, it has taken some dedication (especially in this heat,) but I feel great!!!
Here's my training plan:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml?cmp=18-1
I have found that my runs are great times to worship. I turn on my Christian contemporary music and praise God, while dedicating my body as His temple. I've tried to commit the time after my run to prayer and Bible study.
We've done a lot of things as a family since my last post as well. (It's been a while, hasn't it?!?!) Rebecca has been growing and changing. I've kept up with Facebook a little better than my blog, so feel free to visit or "friend me."
https://www.facebook.com/carrielcarlson
However, you MAY be hearing more from me on this blog and/or in my "Notes" section of Facebook, since Rebecca will be starting preschool Aug. 22. (I know, I can't believe it either!) She will be attending Lexington Christian Academy. I intend to make her school time my running and writing time. I might throw painting the house in there too. We'll see how it goes!
Anyway, I'm busy - not a crazy, empty, unsatisfying busy, but a FULL life busy. God is working in me and we'll see where He leads!

2 comments:

Maxwells said...

SOunds like you are doing great! It is much more important to go out and live your life than spend it on the blog :)

Maxwells said...

Wish I lived closer to you guys!