Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blankie, Hoppy and Paci



Rebecca has developed some attachments recently. They aren't extreme, she just likes to have them around, especially for naps and "night-night."
She sleeps with "Hoppy," a soft, pink bunny rabbit that is nearly her height. She named the rabbit herself. After teaching her that a rabbit hops, Rebecca began affectionately calling her bunny, "Hoppy." She often uses "Hoppy" as a pillow or a snuggle buddy. I credit "Hoppy" for peaceful nights of sleep.
I now only give Rebecca a pacifier at sleepy times. On occaision, I'll slip one in during a road trip or a stroller ride if she's exceptionally fussy. She now asks for it if she's getting tired. "Paci," she says in a yearning voice. The request is usually preceded or followed by a verbal petition for "Hoppy."
She doesn't ask for a "blankie" for sleep, but she does like them - to cuddle with or to hide under. When she plays peek-a-boo now, she says "I see ya." It sounds like one word, but it's recognizable and uber-cute.

No comments: